Food & Drinks in Mbombela (Nelspruit)
The bustling capital of Mpumalanga province, Nelspruit / Mbombela offers year-round warm weather and a friendly, welcoming community. The city is situated in the Crocodile River valley surrounded by lush plantations and magnificent scenery, making for spectacular drives. Nelspruit is an exciting, thriving city in the heart of the Lowveld. It is a modern city steeped in the history of its people.
Nelspruit / Mbombela is often considered to be the home base of South Africa's nature conservation efforts.
- The Lowveld National Botanical Garden is best known for its collection of tree ferns. It is one of South Africa's eight national botanical gardens
- Innibos is a broad-ranging music festival held every winter at various venues across the city
- An international flight school can be found at the old Nelspruit airport on the road to Kaapschehoop
- The Riverside Mall offers shopping and entertainment for the whole family. The mall houses a ten-pin bowling alley and a bumper car track inside, as well as a kids' fun park with water slide and go-karting outside
- The Emnotweni Casino was the first legal casino in South Africa. The modern complex offers slots and tables for gamblers as well as a number of restaurants
- The Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Sanctuary offers insightful tours that highlight the plight of these endangered and loveable creatures. The sanctuary is located in a nature reserve just outside the city on the Barberton road
- Sonpark Boulevard is a collection of craft shops and eateries close to the centre of town
- The 40 000-seater Mbombela Stadium was built for the 2010 Soccer World Cup. It is clearly distinguishable from any other stadium in the world thanks to its quirky giraffe buttresses and zebra-print seating
- The new University of Mpumalanga opened recently so, on top of all its other attractions, Nelspruit has become a centre of learning.
Restaurants and Cafes in Mbombela (Nelspruit)
No listings available in this area.